Rental Policies – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY [Click here for a PDF copy for you to print]
When You Arrive
Please check to make sure everything is in order. If there are any problems, please notify us immediately BEFORE moving in. Please check the refrigerator setting. Dial should be on middle temperature. Do not overload the refrigerator with warm food. If you must overload the refrigerator, keep the refrigerator door closed for a minimum of 2 to 4 hours. Check for the following items that may be needed during your stay: salt, pepper, sugar, paper towels, toilet paper, soap, cleaning compounds, etc. THESE ITEMS ARE NOT PROVIDED BY THE OWNER OR RENTAL AGENCY.
1. Rental Week: from Saturday to Saturday in Summer Season. Off Season as available with a three night minimum.
2. Check-in Time: After 3:00 p.m. and before 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays (Summer) and after 3:00 p.m. and before 5:00 p.m. weekdays.
3. Check-out Time: Keys are to be turned in by 10:30 a.m. You will be charged for a late check-out if keys are not turned in by 10:30 a.m.
4. Rental Rate: All rental prices are quoted on a per week basis. Call for daily rates.
5. Booking Fee & Security Deposit: A Booking Fee of $50 will be charged for each reservation made, and a Security Deposit of $250 to $500.00. Valid credit card can be used for Security Deposit. Booking Fee is not refundable.
6. Rental Payment: A payment of ½ the Rental Rate plus Booking Fee is required on Summer Reservations. Remainder of Rental Rate plus 12% tax and all other charges is required Thirty (30) days prior to arrival. Spring & Fall (daily rentals) require payment in full. Make all rental payment checks payable to Harrison Realty Co. Inc. Trust Account. Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted for Rental payment and Security Deposit. IN THE EVENT YOUR PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED BY THE DATE SHOWN ON YOUR RENTAL AGREEMENT, YOUR RESERVATION WILL BE CANCELLED. WHEN PAYING BY CREDIT CARD YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE CHARGED WHEN THE RESERVATION IS MADE AND WILL BE SHOWN ON THE RENTAL AGREEMENT SENT TO YOU. *If you us a Credit Card to guarantee when making your reservation (pending alternative payment), the Rental Payment & Booking Fee will be charged to your Credit Card if alternative payment has not reached this office by the due date.
7. All Rentals Are To Be Paid In Full Before Check-in Day.
8. Cancellation: If you cancel your reservation 30 days prior to your arrival, you will receive a refund (rental PAYMENT less the booking fee & 20% penalty) only after the unit is re-rented for the full rate & confirmed. If you have paid in full, ½ will be refunded to you within 30 days of cancellation, the balance (less penalty) will be refunded only if unit is re-rented for full rate & confirmed. If you cancel 14 days prior to arrival all monies will be forfeited unless unit is re-rented for full rate & confirmed. If you cancel within 7 days of your arrival, ALL monies will be forfeited. All refunds are subject to 20% penalty. Booking Fee is not refundable.
9. Security Deposits: You will need to give a Visa, MasterCard or Discover number at the time you make your reservation. If you do not use a Credit Card, you will need to pay the Security Deposit at the time you pay your Rental Payment Rental unit will be inspected after your departure for damage and cleanliness. Provided that the unit is left clean with no damage, check-out is on time, all keys are turned in, and there are no phone charges or charges of any kind, then Security Deposit will be refunded within 30 days (if using Credit Card for deposit, then number will be destroyed). Renter agrees to reimburse Owner for any and all damages that renter caused during occupancy and any collection fees, if needed.
10. Accommodations: Regardless of beds available, occupancy must not exceed number stated in description of each rental unit. Exception – infant in crib.
11. Furnishings: Are not to be rearranged (you will be charged a fee should this happen). All Rental Units are individually owned and reflect the taste and desires of the owner. The condition of the property varies according to the age of the property and care given by the individual owner. Please do not ask us to provide additional furnishings, appliances, etc.
12. If you are vacationing with another family and are reserving the rental unit, it is most important that all of your family be made aware of our Rental Policies before Check-In day.
13. Pets Of Any Kind Are Not Allowed Under Any Circumstances.
14. House Parties: are NOT permitted. Should a house party occur, occupancy will be immediately terminated without refund.
15. Agency Discretion: We reserve the right to refund deposits, refuse rental or to discontinue occupancy, if in our opinion, tenant is detrimental to the property.
16. Keys: will be provided on Check-in Day after 3:00 p.m. and must be returned to our office on Check-out Day by 10:30 a.m. NO EXCEPTIONS. There will be a $10 charge for each lost key. There will be a $30 charge if we have to bring keys to you.
17. Tentative Reservations For Next Year: will only be taken on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday only, please.
18. Cleaning: IF YOUR RENTAL UNIT DOES NOT INCLUDE CHECK-OUT CLEANING, IT IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE THAT YOU THOROUGHLY CLEAN YOUR RENTAL UNIT ON CHECK-OUT DAY. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR A CHECK-OUT CLEANING IF THE RENTAL UNIT IS NOT THOROUGHLY CLEANED. (If unit includes cleaning or you have paid for cleaning you must leave unit neat and orderly, remove linen and remake beds, empty dishwasher & put away dishes, empty refrigerator, & take out all garbage. You will incur a charge if the cleaning staff has to do excessive cleaning)
19. Repairs: All equipment should be in working order upon Check-In. We cannot guarantee appliances, air conditioners, TVs, etc. to perform 100% of the time. However, we will make every effort to have repairs implemented as soon as we are notified. NO REFUNDS will be given due to breakdown of any equipment in Rental Unit. Repairs called in after 4:00 p.m. may not be handled until next day.
20. Telephones: No charges of any kind are to be charged to the Rental Unit phone. If a charge is placed on Rental Unit phone, the charges plus $5.00 per charge will be deducted from your Security Deposit.
21. Charcoaling/Grilling: May only be done on sandy areas, concrete, or designated grilling areas.
22. Parking Restrictions: Please check with reservationist to see how many cars are allowed at your Rental Unit and if bike, boat, or car trailers are allowed. Campers and/or Motor Homes are not allowed on any Rental Unit Property.
23. Linens: Are not furnished in Rental Units. If you wish to rent linens, please notify this office in advance of your arrival.
24. Items Left In Unit: Harrison Realty will not responsible for any personal items left in unit. A $25 handling charge is required to pick up and mail items to you (must have Visa or MasterCard for charges).
25. GROUPS: It is the policy of this company to rent to families only and must be 25 years old or older to make reservations. Should this be misrepresented, or fail to comply, you will be required to vacate premises immediately, without any refund.
26. Printing Errors: although every precaution has been taken – errors in prices and descriptions may occur. We reserve the right to correct any such errors. All rental rates, furnishings, and equipment are subject to change without notice.
27. Inclement Weather: There will be no refunds due to inclement weather. In the case of a hurricane, IF the South Carolina Governors office issues a Mandatory Evacuation, the days for which the mandatory evacuation are required will be pro-rated and refunded to you within 30 days or if the property in which you are staying is available, you may extend your stay.
28. Construction: The beach continues to grow and we at Harrison Realty Co., Inc. have no control over this, so there will be no rate adjustments, refunds, or rebates for inconvenience due to construction, road repair, etc.
29. HARRISON REALTY CO., INC. (as agent) OR THE OWNER OF RENTAL PROPERTY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGE OR INJURY TO TENANT OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON, OR TO ANY PROPERTY, OCCURING ON THE PREMISES OR ANY PART THEREOF, OR IN COMMON AREAS THEROF; AND TENANT AGREES TO HOLD AGENT, REPRESENTATIVES OF AGENT, AND OWNER HARMLESS FOR ANY CLAIMS FOR DAMAGE, NO MATTER HOW CAUSED. AGENT WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ACTS OF THEFT OR VANDALISM OR OTHER DAMAGE TO GUEST’S PERSONAL PROPERTY.
When You Leave
Sweep, mop and vacuum all floors, clear refrigerator of all food and wipe out, clean stove/oven, wipe out microwave, clean bathrooms, re-make beds, empty and clean all trash cans, take trash to outside receptacles, wipe down all furniture, clean all glass surfaces, close and lock all windows and doors, unplug all small appliances, leave air conditioner on 72°, return all keys to our office by 10:30 a.m.
Trust Fund Agreement
South Carolina Real Estate Commission Regulation 40-57-135-(10) provides for the placement of Trust Funds in an interest bearing account. This form authorizes the bank to pay interest to Harrison Realty Co., Inc. Trust Account and by signing this form; you relinquish the right to such interest.